Thursday, August 17, 2006

Today was an ordinary day.
I got up at 7:40 which is pretty late if you have to reach office at 8:30.
Every night I say 'if you want to have breakfast you have to get up at 7:15'.
But just like every other day I ignored myself and woke up at 7:40.
I admire my husband for this one reason. He never does any cribbing while getting up.
I went to the office without having breakfast. It reminded me of those days in Patni when we used to go to the cafeteria every morning in the flock of at least 10 people. That was the only good thing about Patni. I was surrounded by lots of friends and ready to eat food.
Today morning was allotted for knowledge transfer from my co-worker. I realized that my list of pending tasks will not get updated today. But I was happy with the KT session also. It gave us a chance to do some TP and we utilized the most of it.
At 12 we departed for lunch. I went to a south indian restaurant and had a crispy, tasty Masala Dosa. Devouring on to the Dosa while talking to my best friend who is in India was really a treat.
I could spend some time in the lunch break on reading a very interesting book that I recently borrowed from my friend, 'Maximum City - Bombay Lost and Found' by Suketu Mehta. I will write more about this book after I finish reading it.
The afternoon was little lazy as I was not doing any 'real' work.
I came home at around 6:30. By then hubby was ready to go for his Tennis game.
We talked for sometime and then he left.
I prepared a nice coffee and switched on the TV. Waw! There was Salil, my favourite VJ on B4U Music. I like him so much that whenever he is on the screen my face starts glowing and hubby starts getting J.
Jokes apart I definitely love music but one more reason I like watching B4U is that it reminds me of desh. I used to watch B4U Music whenever I used to go home for holidays.
Anyway, then I went out to the balcony to water my plants. At that time I missed my mom such a lot. She likes spending time with her plants. She waters them and she talks with them. They are as important to her as me and my brother. I envy those plants with whome she still spends an hour, everyday.
I went to play Tennis. Recently I have got a Tennis buddy. We both are equally bad at it so we both enjoy playing with each other.
Hubby and I came home, cooked food, had our dinner and then spent some peaceful time together.
All in all it was a nice day.

No comments: